Europe needs a robust, balanced and flexible patent legal system which addresses the root causes of the abusive practices while maintain the attributes that fuel innovation
- Europe needs a more robust, balanced and flexible patent legal system that protects innovators against abuse, works in the public interest and rewards fairly innovators.
- Patent court judges must have the ability to assess appropriate remedies and balance the rights and interests of all market participants.
- IP2Innovate advocates for:
- Proportionality in patent remedies;
- Closing the injunction gap;
- Reinforcing the benefits of fee shifting;
- Improving patent quality;
- Wider availability of national patent litigation cases and decisions,
IP2Innovate position paper of 4 April 2017
Vice-President Ansip’s response of 29 March 2017
IP2I letter to European Commission Vice-President Ansip of 21 February